Friday, February 7, 2014

Crockpot Meatballs, as always a slice of heaven!

If its one thing I love coming from an Italian family, its the ability to make meatballs from scratch, and to enjoy them to the fullest.  My family has always made our Italian "gravy" in bulk.  We like to freeze it for later use, since you can make so many variations with just sauce!

Meatballs is something that I not only cook in bulk, but is an easy go to meal for anything.  Meatballs is my favorite staple food. 


The recipe that I have included in this blog is a zesty little recipe (I always enjoy a little kick with our meals) that has quite a kick.  I love making a few extra bags of meatballs and sauce to have in the freezer, since everything is already cooked. these can be in the crockpot for literally 2-4 hours and be done! You basically do all the cooking before hand, by baking (or frying them).  The crockpot is just heating up your dinner for you!

As I discussed earlier, I prefer to bake the meatballs as opposed to frying them, and I do this for a few reasons:
-You can accomplish so many more tasks while the meatballs bake for an hour.
- You don't have to worry about grease splatter.
-The oil and grease drain out of the meatballs so your final meal is less greasy.

But it is ultimately your choice on how you cook them!

Meatballs and Sauce 2 lbs ground beef
1 TBS Italian seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sea salt
2 eggs
32oz favorite spaghetti sauce





No comments:

Post a Comment