Thursday, February 13, 2014

Zesty Chicken.... it's whats for dinner!

One of my new favorite recipes is the Zesty Whole Chicken Recipe.  I enjoy it because it is a delicious blend of spices, and such a simple to make recipe! 


This recipe is always an easy "go to" dinner because it is versatile with so many sides.  It can also serve a lot of people depending on the size of the chicken that you get! This particular chicken that I cooked was about 6.5lbs which is a little bit bigger then the other ones, but it still did the job.  This chicken took exactly 6.5 hours to cook on low (I am beginning to think that the poundage CAN coincide with the time).  When I checked the temperature at 6.5 hours it was a perfect 168*.

As I have said previously I like to check the temperature of the chicken (if there's not a pop up timer on the bird).  I do this so I ensure it is properly cooked (sometimes I have noted that even though the juices run clear from the bird, its still not cooked).

The color of this chicken is a little more appealing without having to baste it as the base for this meal has soy sauce and other dark ingredients that coat the chicken.  So this particular recipe you don't really need to continue basting to get an appealing color.

I hope you enjoy the zesty chicken as much as we did!


Zesty Chicken
Whole Roaster Chicken
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce 
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 TBS garlic

Combine all ingredients in bag.  Seal.  Cook low 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment