Thursday, January 16, 2014

Your 28 Recipes

This weekend's preparation is going to be 28 recipes that we have either tried (21 of them), or found exceptionally interesting and wanted to try (7 of them).  The recipes are as follows:

Zesty Chicken
Whole Roasted Chicken (3)
Beef Roast (2)
Honey Rosemary Chicken
Taco Chicken Bowls
Meatballs & Sauce (2)
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs *Untried Recipe*
Sloppy Joes
Spaghetti Meat Sauce(2)
Taco Soup (2)
Teriyaki Chicken
Chicken Fajitas
Apple Honey Chicken *Untried Recipe*
Spicy Sweet Chicken *Untried Recipe*
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Garlic Dijon Chicken *Untried Recipe*
Sticky Chicken *Untried Recipe*
Creole Chicken *Untried recipe*
Herb Wine Chicken
Minestrone Soup *Untried Recipe*
Beef Stew (2)


Here are the supplies that you are going to need! I have organized them into sections that I would normally find them in my local grocery store. Each of the recipes has between 4-6 servings.  I would say most of them are closer to 4. But we always have a little left over for 1-2 people to have lunch the following day. Happy Shopping!
PRODUCE
(1) Lemon
(11) Onions
(30) Mini Red Potatoes
(2) Bags of Carrots
(1) Bag of Celery
(1) Leeks
(1) Lemon Juice
(4) Green Bell Pepper
(1) Lime Juice
ETHNIC FOOD
(1) Cannellini Beans
(2) 10oz Enchilada Sauce
(2) 4.5oz Chopped Green Chiles
(1) 16oz Salsa (spicy-medium)
MEAT
(4) Roaster Chickens
(4)lbs Beef Chuck or stew beef
(6)lbs beef roast (3lb each if possible)
(42) Chicken Breasts (or 21 big ones that you can split in half)
(12)lbs Ground Beef
CANNED GOODS
(2) Cream of Mushroom Soup
(2)cups Beef Broth
(6)cups Vegetable Broth
(2) 28oz Diced Tomatoes
(2) 14.5oz Diced Tomatoes
(1) 16oz Diced Tomatoes
(1) 14oz Whole Tomatoes
(4)cups Chicken Broth
(2) 14.5oz Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
(2) 11oz corn with geen and red peppers
(1) 15oz Black Beans
(4) Kidney Beans
(4) Pinto Beans
(4) Corn
OILS AND SAUCES
(1) Soy Sauce
(1) Olive Oil
(1) Worcestershire Sauce
(1) Balsamic Vinegar
(1) Red Cooking Wine
(1) Red Wine Vinegar
(1) Dijon Mustard
(1) Apple Juice
(1) Teriyaki Sauce
(1) Apricot Preserves
DRY STUFF
(2) Ranch Dressing Packet
(2) Dry Onion Soup Mix
FROZEN AND REFRIGERATED
(1) 8oz Frozen Corn
(1) Mozzarella Cheese Block (½ lb)
(12) eggs

I reserve my shopping for the ingredients the day of my actual cooking preparation.  I do this so I don't overstock my fridge with all the perishables and I have to fight for space.  I will provide the recipes in short order....

If you want to work off of your own recipes, and are looking for a more organized way to make your freezer meals, try to use a laptop and paper at the same time.  Go back and forth, double and triple check.  I find nothing more frustrating then having to run back to the grocery store for last minute things that I forgot to put on the list.  I also tend to save my grocery lists for tried and true recipes that we've enjoyed.  It saves me time in the future from having to go back through and recreating a list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment